Osborne County Memorial Hospital
Osborne County Memorial Hospital (OCMH) was built as a district hospital in 1958. It was later transferred to Osborne County ownership through a vote of the people. The original building had 8 patient rooms accommodating 16 patient beds.
In 1968 the hospital was expanded to 29 beds to provide inpatient, outpatient, and swing bed services.
In 2003, OCMH applied for, and was granted, Critical Access Hospital (CAH) status through the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services and State of Kansas. As a CAH, the hospital is licensed for 25 beds and continues to provide services to a multi-generational population. As the only hospital in the county, OCMH continues to provide inpatient, outpatient, and swing bed services.
The hospital is funded through operations, tax appropriations from the County for capital improvements and purchases, and most recently, a 5-year 1% sales tax to stabilize medical staff.
In addition, the charitable contributions of patients and families have allowed OCMH to expand and change services to meet the needs of the communities it serves.
The hospital is governed by a 5-member Board of Directors appointed by the Osborne County Commissioners and is managed by The Great Plains Health Alliance, Inc. (GPHA).