OCMH recognizes visitors can be “good medicine” for patients and encourages family members and friends to visit. However, patient care is the primary concern at OCMH, and, in an effort to maintain an environment which enhances the patient care experience and outcomes, specific visiting hours and regulations have been established.
POLICY: Regular visiting hours are 2:00 - 4:00 pm and 7:00 to 8:00 pm.
General visitation policy:
· All visitors going into a patient’s room must be at least 12 years of age unless accompanied by an adult.
· Shirts and shoes must be worn.
· Visitors are encouraged to limit the number of people in a room at one time.
· Visits should be kept short, and to maintain a quite environment, visitors should avoid unnecessary noise and keep their voices low.
· Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor of nurse needs to see the patient.
· The Charge Nurse on duty or the RN/LPN responsible for the care of the patient may make more liberal visiting arrangements.
· Only working dogs will be allowed on the patient floor.
During epidemics the Infection Control Committee will regulate all policies related to patient visitors.
Administration reserves the right to alter visiting hours to meet the needs of our patients and staff.
Osborne County Memorial Hospital