Osborne County Memorial Hospital (OCMH) was built as a district hospital in 1958. It was later transferred to Osborne County ownership through a vote of the people.
The original building had eight patient rooms accommodating 16 patient beds. In 1968 the hospital was expanded to 29 beds to provide inpatient, outpatient, and swing bed services.
In 2003, OCMH applied for and was granted Critical Access Hospital (CAH) status through the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the State of Kansas. As a CAH, the hospital is licensed for 25 beds and continues to provide services to a multi-generational population. As the only hospital in the county, OCMH continues to provide inpatient, outpatient and swing bed services. The Goad Medical Clinic was certified as a Rural Health Clinic (RHC) in 2010.
In March 2020, the CAH and RHC were relocated to our current location at 237 W Harrison Street. This new facility is equipped with 16 patient beds and eight clinic exam rooms.
The hospital is funded through revenue from operations, tax appropriations from the County and a 1% sales tax. In addition, the charitable contributions of patients and families have allowed OCMH to expand and improve services to meet the needs of the communities it serves.
The hospital is governed by a five-member Board of Directors appointed by the Osborne County Commissioners and the Hospital Administrator is responsible for providing strategic leadership and management of staff and key services.
To achieve excellence in rural health care in partnership with the communities we serve.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
John Girard, Chair
Katie Lix, Secretary
Greg Mick, Treasurer